It’s 3.14, that means Pi day!
So naturally I had to be corny and make a post about pie. Personally, I like savory pie even better than sweet pie. So today, I’m going to share one of my favorite recipes.
Veggie Pot Pie
Here’s what you need
I don’t really follow strict recipes, so it’s hard to tell you exactly what to do especially with something as flexible as a pot pie. Like soup, pot pie can be a great excuse to use up left overs or a safe way to experiment with new vegetables. Whatever ingredients you choose, here is what you do:
- Preheat oven to about 400
- In a small bowl mix about 1 tablespoon Bisquick with small splashes of water until mixture is no longer thick or pasty. This will act as thickener for your broth.
- In a microwaveable mug or on the stove top, make a concentrated broth with bouillon cube. Combine broth and watery bisquick mixture
- In another bowl mix 1 cup bisquick, water, and egg replacer/baking soda until you reach a consistency a little thicker than pancake batter. Add thyme and black pepper in to batter.
- In an ungreased pie pan, casserole glass, whatever, combine vegetables and broth mixture.
- Pour the thicker batter on top.
- Bake in oven until top is golden brown.