Mediterranean Quinoa Salad - Served warm or cool
(cous cous subsititute)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 onion chopped to preference
- 1 clove chopped garlic
- 6 mushrooms sliced
- 1 zuchinni/yellow squash (cut into half circles)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cup kale or spinach
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2-3 tbsp black olives
- salt or bouillon cube to taste
- Soak quinoa for 5 minutes, then add to 1 and 1/2 cups water and bring to boil for 15 minutes with a tight lid. Turn off heat and let steam.
- While quinoa is cooking, sautee onions and garlic in deep pan.
- Once onions are clear, add mushroom. Then add the rest of the ingredients in order.
- Either add cooked quinoa at the end and mix thoroughly
or serve quinoa and put vegetable mixture on top.
- serve warm or cold.