Homemade Flavored Water
We all know how vital drinking a lot of water is for our health. But a lot of the time we grab sugar and sodium packed sodas, diet sodas, and sports drinks instead. We want a little flavor. Luckily you can make water flavorful adding fruit and herbs.
All you have to do is get a pitcher or even just your water bottle, fill it with whatever ingredients listed below that you want, and then fill your pitcher with cool water. Easy, fast, cheap, and really pretty. Best part is, when you finish the water, you can munch on the yummy fruit!
There is always room for experimentation, but here a few tried and true water/fruit combos.
- Cucumber (It sounds a little weird at first but it’s super refreshing)
- Citrus fruits (lemon, lime, orange, etc)
- Berries (strawberry, raspberry, blue berry, etc)
- Melon (watermelon, cantaloupe, etc)
- Tropical fruits (mango, pineapple etc)
- Meaty fruits (pears, apples, etc)
Also try substituting still water for mineral water
Warm spring weather is on the way, go relax in your back yard with a good book and a tall glass of water.