(Eggless) Banana Walnut French Toast Recipe
French toast is a great inexpensive food, but traditionally it’s not vegan. This is a tasty recipe for cheap vegan french toast using bananas instead of eggs.
- Bread of choice
- 1 banana (a little ripe is better)
- about 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- dash of cinnamon
(makes about 6 pieces of French toast)
- In a blender combine all ingredients besides bread and mix on high until uniformly liquid. Should be the consistency of thin pancake batter.
- Pour mixture on to a plate and dip both sides of the bread in the batter. Be sure that the entire surface of the bread gets coated with mixture.
- Place bread on heated and greased pan and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
-The cooking process will take a little longer than regular french toast.
-Make sure the pan is well greased. Pam has given me the best results.
-When flipping toast, make sure you slowly scrape under the bread so the banana doesn’t stick to the pan. The mixture tends to cling especially to older pans.
- (optional) If you find that your toast is a little soggy toast it in the toaster oven like regular bread. It definitely differs depending on what kind of skillet you use. This flat skillet gives me the best results
- Top with sliced banana and walnuts and enjoy!